Studying MBBS in abroad and that too at a low cost is no longer a dream now.
But many of you must be thinking that how is it possible?
Medicine has been one of the most sought after and lucrative career options both in India and abroad as well.
Compared to other countries abroad, studying MBBS in India is more expensive and this is the main reason why Indian students prefer studying MBBS abroad at a low cost to fulfill their dreams.
In India, the number of available seats for studying medicine is very less when compared to the number of aspirants. In Government medical colleges there is a lot of competition for reserving seats among students and in private medical colleges students need to pay a huge amount of fees.
Thus, the process of becoming a doctor involves a lot of competition and money.
Students who can afford the fees of private medical colleges in India take admission there. And the students who can not afford private medical colleges in India or those who can not get through the competitive exams, prefer going abroad for studying MBBS.
Choosing a Right Country For Studying MBBS Abroad
Once you have decided to study MBBS abroad, so the next step is to choose the right country which would suit you the most. Choosing the right country for your MBBS education abroad is a very challenging and crucial task.
Check out some of the things given below which you should consider for studying MBBS abroad:
- First of all, the most important thing is you should fix your budget for studying MBBS abroad. In that budget, you should consider not only the MBBS fees but also the cost of living, food, and other personal expenses, etc.
- You should look for quality education and thus see to it that the country has MCI, WHO, UNESCO recognized medical institutions or not.
- You must find out how many Indian students are currently studying in the country.
- Find out whether the climate in the country is suitable for you or not.
- Check the MBBS courses offered by the country are taught in the English language or not.
- You must look for the safety offered by the country for students.
- The education curriculum of medical universities in the country which you are choosing should be competent so that you should be able to survive in the outside world.
- Living costs in the country is another important aspect while choosing a country for studying MBBS.
Students generally do not have an idea about which country to choose and they just go by the names and fame of the countries like the USA, Australia, Canada, the UK, etc. But the education cost in these countries is high which is between Rs.1 to Rs.3 crores and hence, this will not be a feasible option for you.
Thus, you should find out such countries that offer low-cost MBBS course.
Top 10 Countries that Offer Low-cost MBBS Course
You can check out some of the following countries that offer low-cost MBBS courses for students:-
For Indians, China is one of the most preferred countries to study medicine. In China, there are about 45 medical institutions that are approved by MCI. Chinese universities provide high standards of education at a low cost. The tuition fee is comparatively less when compared to India. Hence, it is one of the best choices for studying medicine abroad.
INR 20 – 35 Lakhs (approximately for the whole program)
Following are some popular MBBS colleges in China:
- China Medical University
- Jiangsu University
- Hebei Medical University
- Huazhong University of Science and Technology
- Wuhan University
- Southeast University
- Capital Medical University
- Jilin Medical University
The next country is Ukraine that has world-class equipment to treat diseases. It has some of the best medical colleges which provide low-cost MBBS education. Medical universities in Ukraine are recognized by international organizations such as WHO, MCI, FAIMER, and AIMEE, etc. No admission test or entrance test is required to study medicine in Ukraine. Medical colleges in Ukraine deliver a very good quality of education, as they have a teacher-student ratio of 1:10. Get an admission to study MBBS course in Ukraine is very simple process.
INR 20 – 38 Lakhs (approximately for the whole program)
Find out the following list of some of the most famous medical universities in Ukraine-
- Bogomolets National Medical University
- Bogomolets National Medical University
- Kyiv National Medical University
- Vinnitsa National Medical University
- Ternopil State Medical University
- Donetsk State Medical University
The Philippines is a profitable choice for studying medicine for Indian students. The entire fee of the MBBS course is 25% less than the fees in India. The biggest advantage of the Philippines education system is the accent as they follow the American Education System. This helps the students to understand the subject easily and clear the exams well.
There are nearly 40 accredited medical schools in the Philippines. The Physician Licensure Examination to practice medicine is cleared by their graduates.
INR 25-40 lakhs (approximately for the whole program)
Some of the medical schools in the Philippines are:-
- Angeles University Foundation
- Bicol Christian College
- University of Philippines
- Cebu Institute of Medicine
- University of Northern Philippines
- Our Lady of Fatima University
- AMA School of Medicine, Manila
- University of Perpetual help
Kyrgyzstan is a place that offers low-cost mbbs courses. In Kyrgyzstan, you can complete your medicine course within 12-18 lakhs. Among many other countries, it is the most cost-friendly place to study medicine. The universities in Kyrgyzstan not only provide high-quality education but also good infrastructure. All the medical institutions in Kyrgyzstan are recognized by MCI. There is no entrance test for admission into medical colleges in Kyrgyzstan, the eligibility is through the marks obtained in 12th standard.
INR 17 – 24 Lakhs (approximately for the whole program)
Find below some of the reputed institutions for studying MBBS in Kyrgyzstan:
- Kyrgyz-Russian Slavic University
- International School of Medicine
- Osh State Medical University
- Jalalabad Medical University
- Asian Medical Institute
European Countries are really very expensive considering both the cost of living and educational expenses. But there is a different scenario in Russia. But in Russia, the cost of living and the educational expenses are very less compared to other European countries. So choosing Russia for studying MBBS abroad will be one of the good decisions for Indian students.
Have a look at some of the good medical institutions in Russia:
- Northern State University
- Pirogov Russian National Research Medical University, Moscow
- Siberian State Medical University
- Ryazan Medical University, Ryazan
- Kuban State Medical University
Nepal being one of the most beautiful countries in the world has a climate similar to India. Indians prefer due to its pleasant weather and also as it is very near to India. The biggest advantage of studying in Nepal for Indian students is its Visa process. Visa and immigration processes are faster and easier in Nepal since both countries have mutual considerations. The cost of living is also less in Nepal.
INR 30 – 45 Lakhs (approximately for the whole program)
Some of the best colleges in Nepal to study MBBS are
- Janaki Medical College
- Kathmandu University School of Medical Sciences (KUSMS)
- Kathmandu Medical College
- National Medical College
- Nepal Medical College
For medical aspirants, Kazakhstan is a very good option. As medical universities in Kazakhstan offer low cost MBBS courses for students. All the top medical universities in Kazakhstan offer best quality of MBBS education and they have accreditation by MCI, WHO, USMLE etc.
MBBS from Kazakhstan has value throughout the world and hence students can go for MBBS in Kazakhstan. Also, getting an admission in a medical college at Kazakhstan is easy as there is no donation or capitation required.
You can have a look at the top medical universities in Kazakhstan –
- Semipalatinsk State Medical Academy
- South Kazakhstan State Medical Academy
- Karaganda State Medical University
- Kazakh National Medical University
- West Kazakhstan State Medical Academy
Poland is considered to be the best country concerning education and it offers the best quality MBBS education. Poland follows the world-class European education system and standards and it is the most peaceful country with less crime rate. Most of the universities in Poland offer 6 years of education for medicine with 1 year of preparatory course for a better understanding of the subject and practical knowledge.
Studying MBBS in Poland, not only give students the best quality of education but also huge global exposure as universities in Poland are globally recognized.
INR 54 – 72 Lakhs (approximately for the whole program of 6 years)
Best colleges in Poland to pursue MBBS degree:
- Medical Academy of Bialystok
- University of Lodz
- Medical University of Gdansk
- Medical University of Lublin
Bangladesh offers a quality MBBS education along with low cost which is affordable to all the medical aspirants. If you are a candidate who has scored 60% or more in your 12th for Physics, Chemistry and Biology, then you be eligible candidate for MBBS in Bangladesh. Course structure in Bangladesh for MBBS is similar to the course structure in India and this is the main reason why students choose Bangladesh for studying MBBS. The country offers best quality of MBBS education.
Check out some of the best colleges in Bangladesh:
- Jahurul Islam Medical College
- Delta Medical College
- East West Medical College
- Bangladesh Medical College
Belarus is a country which is very small. Though the country is small, it has the best medical colleges with affordable fees. All the famous medical colleges in Belarus are approved by MCI and WHO. They are highly recognized for their quality of education systems across the world. The medium of instruction is English which is an advantage for Indian students and hence, these universities are also preferred by international students.
Have a look at the most famous medical universities of Belarus
- Vitebsk State Medical University
- Grodno State Medical University
- Belarusian State Medical University
- Gomel State Medical University
So, till now you must have got a clear idea about the list of countries that offer best MBBS education at low cost. After finding the best suitable country the next task for you would be finding the best suitable medical university or college for you.
You can choose the medical university according to your preference of budget, quality of education and infrastructure.
Once you get a country and university of your choice, study hard, and be ready to serve people by becoming the best doctor!
Best of luck!!